You made it! Would love to hear how the week went for you and your family, if they took part. Please post on the Eat Yourself Well Facebook page, or below, to let us know!
Sunday Breakfast: Eat Yourself Well Simple Scrambled Eggs
Eggs, 8, frothed with fork in a small bowl
Coconut oil, 1 tsp
1.5 tsp turmeric
Freshly ground salt and black pepper
Turmeric intensifies the yellow of the eggs, adds just a hint of flavor, and a huge health benefit! Be sure to add fresh ground pepper at the end, to dramatically increase absorption of the turmeric.
In a small bowl, add turmeric to eggs and mix until blended. Melt coconut oil in pan over medium-low heat, gently add the eggs and stir until no longer runny, but still soft. Top with salt and pepper and enjoy!
Sunday Lunch: Eat Yourself Well Sauteed Kale over Baked Potatoes
4 Russett Potatoes
6 cups Kale
1/2 cup water
1 small onion, finely diced
3 cloves garlic
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp turmeric
Sprinkle of parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 400. Wash potatoes and prick each a couple of times with a fork. Place in oven and start timer for one hour.
Prepare kale (if needed- or use bagged pre-cut kale) by cutting into bite-sized chunks. In large frying pan, warm olive oil over medium heat, and add the onions and garlic. Cook, stirring, until onions are soft and the garlic is fragrant. Add kale, water, turmeric and salt, and continue stirring until kale is softened (mix should still be slightly soupy).
Open the potatoes and spoon the cooked kale into each. Top with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, and serve.
Sunday Dinner: Eat Yourself Well Baked Cauliflower with Tomato-Cheese Wedges
1 large head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets (about 1 ½ lb.)
4 tsp. olive oil, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp.)
2 Tbs. tahini
1 Tbs. lemon juice
¼ tsp. salt
2 slicing tomatoes
2 tortilla wraps
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1. Place oven rack in top position. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Toss cauliflower with half of the olive oil, and season with salt. Spread on large cookie sheet covered with foil, and bake until cauliflower is slightly tender and a little browned (12-15 minutes).
3. Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tsp. olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Sauté garlic in oil 1 to 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Stir in tahini, lemon juice, 5 Tbs. water, and salt. Simmer over low heat 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Pour cauliflower into the saucepan and toss with the sauce.
5. Sprinkle cheese over the two tortillas, add tomato slices and fold over. Warm in a frying pan or microwave, and cut each in half. Serve tomato-cheese wedges with the cauliflower.