Have you been looking for that truly awesomesauce dressing/sauce that goes with EVERYTHING and wakes it up to make it delicious? Here you GO … and it takes only minutes to put together, lasts in the fridge, and can be nudged to be more savory or more sweet – your call!
This is such a fun one … yes, it’s vegan … yes, it’s delicious … yes, it’s easy … yes, it lives for weeks in the fridge … yes it’s flexible and fun! Play with it and LMK your favorite edits and uses!
Everyday Everything AwesomeSauce:
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp nut butter – I play around with peanut, almond, and cashew
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1 tsp maple syrup (double if you like it sweeter!
- 1 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
Here’s the easy part: mix it all up and you’re done! I make this every time we get close to the end of the nut butter jar … it’s an easy way to use up the last bits: just add all of the other ingredients and shake!
- Omit the vinegar and amp up the maple syrup and use as an ice cream topping (a chef friend suggested this – and wow!). Add crushed nuts to make it more fun!
- Spoon over eggplant before baking – thickens into a lovely sauce
- Works well as an alternative cole slaw dressing – add sunflower seeds for crunch
- Add a squeeze of lime and/or lime zest, and serve over noodles with a sprinkling of toasted almonds and green onion