Enjoy the day, and please don’t forget to let us know how your family is doing, by posting on the Facebook page, or below.
Wednesday Breakfast: Eat Yourself Well Nut Butter-Banana Rollups
4 wheat tortillas
2/3 cup nut butter (peanut, almond, whatever you have on hand)
4 medium bananas
Honey, if desired
Spread each tortilla with nut butter, spreading fairly evenly but not going all the way to the edge. Place a banana at one end, add a bit of honey if you like, and roll the tortilla around it. Cut in half if serving immediately, or leave whole if carrying to work or school.
Wednesday Lunch: Eat Yourself Well Hearty Freekeh and Kale Salad
• 1 C freekeh
• Juice from 1 large lemon (about 5 tbsp)
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 4 cloves garlic
• 1 tsp dijon mustard
• 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
• ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tbsp chia seeds
• ¼ C chopped green onion
• ½ C toasted, salted pumpkin seeds
• 2 apples, cored and diced
• 6 C kale, roughly chopped
1. Place 2.5 cups cold water, 1 cups freekeh, 1 tsp. salt, and 1 tbs. olive oil (optional) in a large saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Cover the saucepan with a tightly fitting lid. Lower heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes if cooking cracked freekeh, and 40-45 minutes for whole freekeh.
2. Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, dijon and nutritional yeast in a food processor, and puree. Add the chia seeds, stir, and let it sit while you prepare the rest of the salad so the chia seeds have time to expand.
3. Toss kale, cooked farro, pumpkin seeds, and apple together in a large bowl. Serve with lemon and chia dressing.
Wednesday Dinner: Eat Yourself Well Veggie-licious Chili
2 (15-16 oz.) cans of kidney beans, drained
1 diced sweet potato
2 cups diced kale
1 can (12 oz.) tomato paste
1 ear corn, kernels cut off
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. chili powder (more if desired)
3 cups water
4 tbsp cheddar cheese
Dollop of plain greek yogurt
Salt/pepper to taste
1. Combine all of the ingredients, reserving half of the corn, in a large pot; and simmer for at least 30 minutes or until sweet potato is soft, stirring occasionally. Add water if mixture becomes too thick. Adjust salt/pepper as needed.
2. Top with reserved corn, cheese, and greek yogurt.